Visit Palo Alto County!
Home of recreation, education, business and industry, and some of the friendliest people in Iowa.
Explore all that Palo Alto County has to offer. We invite you to visit our shops and enjoy local dining, lodging, parks, camping and annual celebrations in our communities. An official Iowa Welcome Center is located in Emmetsburg adjacent to the Chamber of Commerce office. We encourage you to stop in for a visit to receive more information regarding local attractions and opportunities. Including:
- Five Island Lake, which provides great fishing and recreation opportunities throughout the year. Enjoy swimming, boating, camping and golf.
- The Arthur & Audrey Smith Wellness Center provides health and fitness opportunities for all ages. The center is located in the complex with Iowa Lakes Community College, which also houses the college and Emmetsburg Public Library.
- The Shores at Five Island Community Center hosts small meetings to large celebrations.
- Wild Rose Casino & Resort is an active part of our community offering gaming, entertainment, dining and hotel, plus an RV Park.
- Emmetsburg celebrates its Irish Heritage with an annual St. Patrick’s Celebration every year in March. Guests travel from near and far to celebrate with the Irish.
- Palo Alto County is home to the world-famous Grotto of the Redemption in West Bend and the Lost Island Prairie Wetland Nature Center in Ruthven.
- Numerous area attractions and events are found in all our communities!
Whether you are looking for sporting adventure, crafts, historical collections or seasonal delights ... we are here to welcome you to Palo Alto County.
Pick up a copy of the Visitor Guide at the following locations:
- Iowa Welcome Centers
- Emmetsburg Chamber of Commerce
- Emmetsburg Publishing
- Local Hotels/Motels
- Kossuth/Palo Alto County Economic Development Corporation